Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We're So Hip


About a month ago I was browsing through the parks and rec. summer catalog while talking to Amy-sue on the phone. Randomly, I opened the catalog and pointed to a class. I pointed to beginning Belly Dancing. As I read the class description to Amy-Sue I jokingly suggested we take the class. We both had a good laugh at just the thought of what that would look like.
Well long story even longer, I thought Why not take the class. I haven't tried anything new or done something just for me in years. To my excitement, two of my friends signed up also. Thanks Melissa and Melissa.

Tonight was our first class. We had a "good time". I would have loved to say "great time" but she worked my thigh, hip, and stomach muscles to hard for "great". We definitely found muscles that we didn't know about before tonight. It was fun giggling at each other ( the movements are a little unnatural) and giggling at the few very intense students. Question- Why is it that our stomach and chest shake and shimmy freely when we want them to be still, but not as much when it might be helpful with some of the dance moves?

Next week we get to purchase one of these. This wrap will make shimming even more fun.Ha,Ha
I'm glad I decided to try something new and am looking forward to the next four weeks.

11 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Oh, I am soooooosOOOOOSOOOOO jealous! I wish I could take that class. It just sounds like a blast! YEAH RIGHT!!!!
Glad you like it, only 4 weeks to go. What's next?

Maosi Fam said...

omg i cant wait for the next class so ic ant take it too! (i would have but would miss two classes so wasnt worth it) ill just come over and you can teach me the moves=)

denise @ little ant design said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - you go and get your shimmy and shake on!

pati-Sue said...

It could be dangerous to get shimmying without a "wrap" with jingles on it. Can's wait for a demonstration at Sunday dinner!
Won't 10th Ward's Talent Show be
the best ever, with the 3 of you sharing your talents.
You go girl--shake, rattle and roll!
p-Sue

Hess Fam said...

Can I PLEASE come to your first recital???!!!

A Rosie Family said...

You go GIRL!! LOVE IT!!!

Paul Rama said...

You guys are freakin' awesome!!!! I wish I had taken the class too!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is awesome! I look forward to pictures with you shimmering warp!

Mamasita said...

Do you get to use those tiny finger symbols? Fun times!

Titel Family said...

How fun! And it sounds like good exercise too! Let me know when you are going to do a performance!!

Trena said...

You are so awesome! Only Tiffany would think of something like that. You are sooo funny. I can't wait to see your moves. :)