Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother is a special word for love


I love this picture because this is Mother's Day to me. The picture of the fairy tale perfect mother's day went out the window years ago. You know the one with breakfast in bed after sleeping in, the perfectly clean house, the kids wearing color coordinated clothes with hair nicely settled on their head, kids playing a board game in the middle of the living room without any discord, the kids serenading you with beautiful harmonizing voices, a beautiful picture taken with your kids Etc. etc. etc. This is not my kind of Mother's Day. Sleeping in doesn't happen with 9:00am church but I do get my husband home in the morning because meetings are cancelled. The perfectly clean house will probably never happen but the dishes were done. The coordinated clothes I like, but I'm really just thrilled when they are all dressed in clean (not the prized shirt that must be worn everyday) clothes that they have picked out and put on themselves. Not a sound of contention, come on , I have 6 kids. And the beautiful harmonizing music is Hannah Montana the movie CD being played in the car while the kids see who can sing the loudest.
No, this is not the picture perfect Mothers day that would be in a fairy tale BUT it is MY Mother's Day and that in itself is perfect. I'm so happy that I have these kids that I love so much. I love that they try really hard to make it a nice day for me. I love that my husband will change the diapers that I don't want to change on this day. I love that he will surprise me with a present that I was not expecting. I especially love that my kids will try to put up with my picture taking even when one is having a meltdown and I still insist on taking them.
Drew and I are so thankful that our moms live so close to us. We are so lucky to have them as examples in our lives.


Here are some of my wonderful gifts

And for those of you that are wondering why Peyton was so upset, It may have had something to do with me making her get off of this

just so I could take some of these. Can we really blame her? I don't think so.


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women we call family and friends.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We got the same camera for Mother's Day (mine's red). Whitney also has that same tricycle. Funny. Glad you had a good mothers day. The love is what it's all about.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Love that post!!! The picture of you and your mom is PERFECT...what a treasured picture!
Happy Mother's Day!

pati-Sue said...

You are a super mom, and you have a bunch of super kids--and I'm not just saying that because I am your mother-in-law or their nana--I believe it is true. We love you!
p-S & Bob

Maosi Fam said...

i love this post! and that pic of you in mom is so cute!!!! and love the pic of the kids in a circle=]

Summer Hardey said...

All of these photos are GREAT! You have such awesome kids! You're doing a wonderful job with them! You are awesome!

Danielle said...

That is a great picture of you and your mom!!! I want to borrow your book when you are done :o)! Happy Mother's Day!

Connie said...

This is a great post, Tiff. I love your perspective on motherhood. Love your pictures too!