Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Me and my" Diamond Stud"


I can't believe Drew and I have been married for over 15 years now.We were married April 18,1992 in the Los Angeles Temple.We have been very lucky to have stayed here in Long Beach all 15 years of our marriage.


We both grew up here in L.B..Drew graduating from Millikan High School and myself graduating from Lakewood High School(rival schools).We both attended church at the same building but different wards for a while as teens.We had some mutual friends(and he dated a couple of my friends) as teenagers but no interest in each other.He probably didn't even know my name.I was much quieter back then and he was one of the more popular boys.


Drew served a mission for our church from 1989-1991.He served in the Michigan,Detriot Mission.While he was on his mission,I grew up and he noticed when he came home.It only took a couple of months of him being home from his mission to ask me out and the rest is history.







I had high hopes for Drew as a husband and father when we got married.I am so lucky he not only has met them,he has surpassed them in many ways.He works very hard at his job to provide for us.Which allows me the wonderful blessing of staying home with our kids.He currently is working for Advanced Engine Management(AEM)as a Distribution Manager.He really enjoys his job and the people he works with.





He is a great dad.The kids love him so much.He's been keeping busy being an assistant soccer coach,scorekeeper for little league baseball,and attending golf matches when ever possible.He gives the baths,does the laundry,and tucks the kids in at night.He truly enjoys being with them.





After 2 ACL surgeries, his basketball and volleyball days are behind him.His recovery is moving along well but slowly.He still enjoys playing softball and is taking advantage of the slower pace by working on his golf game and participating in a charity golf tournament.
My life definatly "sparkles" brighter because of the man,husband,and father he is.He's my best friend and I love him so much.

3 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Yeah, he's a piece of man candy...HAHA Good job on blog post number 1! Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Oh what a good husband!! I'm glad you like our family's theme song enough to steal it and put it on your blog. Had you ever even heard "Never Let You Down" before us? See what we are doing to you? I'm glad we seem to have the same effect on each other in life. I miss you guys.
Love,
Christie

Natalie said...

Tiffany,
I'm glad I found your blogspot so I can look at all your cute pictures!
Natalie