Friday, October 12, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Camryn asked at the beginning of the summer if she could cut her hair short like her cousin Sabrina. She was tired of long hair and all the brushing it involved. Rylee has been growing her hair out to donate to Locks of Love for a second time. When Camryn said she wanted to cut it, we thought she might also have enough to donate.(10 inches is the min. length accepted). I measured her hair and 10 inches would have put her hair at about her ears. A little shorter than she wanted. Rylee and I talked to her about what Locks of Love was and how they make wigs for kids who have lost their hair from cancer. I told her if she wanted to wait 'till the end of summer, her hair might be long enough to donate and still be the length she wanted. She was excited to donate and looked forward to it all summer. The day finally came and I took her to Cool Cuts 4 Kids. They do the paperwork and send off the hair for you. So much easier than doing it myself like I did with Rylee. Here are some pictures of her day.

Camryn is so excited


She gets a little pampering


The measuring, looks like there's enough


11 inches ready to give


Isn't she so cute? Some child will have a beautiful wig made from this hair.I'm so proud of her for making the choice to help some else. I think she will always remember this day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Camryn-way to go. We are proud of you for donating your hair. That's pretty awesome. Your new hair cut is very cute.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Camryn, You are a hero in someone's life! And you are my hero for being so generous. Sabrina is so excited that there is another girl in this world that likes short hair! With lots of love for your locks of love, The Del Bello family

Hess Fam said...

Oh that makes me smile. I love when people donate their hair. I didn't know that she did that...I just thought she cut her hair cute and fun. Actually...I guess I didn't realize how long it was before she cut it! Way to go CAMRYN!

Trena said...

I love her hair short. She looks so grown up! Now you have to write a blog of her doing 100 push-ups! She is quite the kids!!

pati-Sue said...

Camryn I love you and your short hair cut. It is the perfect style for you. I am proud of you for donating your hair,too. What a great example you are to others who know you.
Love, Nana