Saturday, December 1, 2007

There's No Time like "Tee Time"


Rylee started high school this year and really didn't want to take regular P.E.. She decided she would try to get on the girls golf team.She has had an interest in golf for quite awhile but had never done anything more than go to the driving range with Drew a few times. This past summer she took 2 lessons and practiced with the golf team for 6 weeks and was able to play in this years fall season. She is definatly one of the new kids on the team but held her own quite well during the season. She's hoping with a lot of practice this year she will come into next season with a strong improvement.As with most things she sets out to accomplish, I'm sure she'll do just that. Her lowest score of the season was a 51 on a par 32 course. For only playing 4 months I think that's pretty good considering I can't even hit the ball in the air. PS. Her coach did say she is the first player he's had that has hit a car driving by during tee off.
Rylee is the only left-handed player on the team this year so she never has to worry about clubs being mixed up.

Rylees golfing buddies Kendall and Dallas

Rylee and Coach

Rylee competed in enough matches to earn her Freshman Letter

She definatly has developed a love for the game and enjoys the challenge each round of golf brings. Great job Rylee!

5 comments:

Maosi Fam said...

very cute pics!! Rylee looks so old(and very cute skirt!...i want it)

Tara

Lauren said...

I can't believe Rylee is in high school! Tell her to keep at it; I know there's a lot of spots for girls to play golf in college. Megan is left handed; it'll be interested to see if she likes sports and what she wants to play someday.

Trena said...

I just love her and am so glad she is doing well in golf. I know it was a struggle in the beginning but she can do anything! I miss your girls so much Tiff! I'm so glad that I still get to see them.

Unknown said...

Nice job Rylee. It's nice to know someone in our family is actually good at a sport.

pati-Sue said...

Way to go Rylee! You encourage me to try golf again. I can't think of anything neater than to play golf with you some day.
Love Nana